Monday, March 27, 2017

To comfort his people perfectly

I've been reflecting a lot about my cousin Lucy lately and the plan of salvation. Lucy passed away when I was around 11 years old. Lucy died from a congenital heart disease called Tetralogy of Fallot. (I recently did a report on this so I was thinking about her).

As I was reading my scriptures today I came acrossed the scripture Alma 7:11-12. It reads And He shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this the word might be fulfilled which saith he take upon him the pains and sicknesses of his people. And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

What great joy and comfort this brings me! The Savior of the world died so he could comfort me. To comfort my family and everyone. He loves us! He understands our deepest sorrows, the little things we may be going through and our greatest joys. He died and he conquered death! He rose again and because of that we may also conquer death and live with those we love! I know that he knows each of us personally. He loves us and because he loves us he is there for us. He wants us to come unto him.

Because of him I will see Lucy again, my grandmothers who have gone on before me and ancestors I have never met.

No comments:

Post a Comment